Hi, I am the only surviving family member left of my Aunts. She had ALOT of different bank accounts & I need to retrieve

San Diego, CA |

all her old bank statements...she died in 1997 & the public administrator was handling her estate & still is. How do I get the banks to give me copies of her statements? The public admin. keeps blowing me off saying he'll get back to me & he doesn't! What do I do? Thnx~

Unless you are appointed in place and stead of the public administrator, I am afraid you are out of luck. The place to start is to retain the services of a probate attorney in San Diego.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

F.Y.I. You are 1 of my favorites here on Avvo you give the best advice! Thank~you!! :)

Also, what if the probate statrted in 1996 & still shows activity, that being in 2009. Plus the 2 public administrators that handled her case(at seperate times)..were BOTH terminated for fraud! There #1-6 Standing orders on the San Francisco's courts website that you can retrieve online that I'm sure relate to my Aunts case, I KNOW THEY RELATE..Will you please, pretty please take a look at these? I am in another state from where her case is/was, whatever & I'm not a lawyer & in need of somebodys help on this. I am a single mother of 5 small children & barely make ends meet each month as it is. Will you please help me? ~Thnx~ :) <<"BIG SMILE" 4 YOU ! >:)

PS....I am though the contingent beneficiary of my Aunts residuary though, will that help my situation?

Michael Raymond Daymude

Michael Raymond Daymude

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, I really am unable to help you. I practice in Los Angeles County only. My review of any standing order, assuming they are freely available on the court website which I doubt, would only create more unanswerable questions. What would be needed for anyone to truly help you would be a thorough review of the court file and the instrument(s) under which you believe you have an interest in your aunt’s estate. If you are a mere contingent beneficiary that suggests you may not have any interest, if the primary beneficiaries survived your aunt, and your quest for information might be nothing more than a goose chase. The court file is available for copying. You could contact an attorney service or copy service local to the court where the case is filed. They would be able to obtain a copy of the file and ship it to you. You could then consult an attorney local to you for further advice.

The case is/was in San Francisco, Ca, We are in Washington state. I'd like to send you an email may I? But I need to send an attachment as well my email though is kimbers1965@gmail.com email me & then I'll email you back ok? Wwhat if all of the beneficiaries of my Aunts estate are dead? We are the ONLY 2 living bloodline family of our Aunts that is left..does this count?

If she died in 1997 you would be well served to retain an estates attorney to get to the bottom of all this.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336, his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , for more tax, estate and business articles visit his website www.sjfpc.com. and blog

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is <http://frommtaxes.wordpress.com/> Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.