Skip to main content

Hi, I am enquiring about the possibility of removing a red flag from my name through us customs.

Memphis, TN |

I was on vacation in the us last year and at the border entry by mistake they had stamped my passport for 120 days ( which is over the legal 90 stay period). I stayed for 118 days, therefore leaving begore the stamp expired. When I entered again on vacation this year I was stopped at the border due to a red flag because they said I overstayed previously. After long discussions they did grant me entry but said I would have to get the flag removed but game me no information on how to do this. Is it possible to remove a flag and how do I do this? Thank you

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3


Go to for the Travelers Redress Inquiry Program

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.


This is a complicated process which will tak a lot of time and effort. You need to talk to an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Ms. Wolman gave you a good link.

Mr. Segal gave the best advice: talk to a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer