Skip to main content

Hi. I have never informed USCIS of change of address. Should I submit change of address form NOW?

Bradenton, FL |

I am about to submit my I-751 (removal of conditions). I never informed USCIS of change of address since moving one year ago. Should I submit my change of address NOW? Will there be consequences pertaining to my approval of permanent green card?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Yes, submit your change of address immediately. Although it may not have any consequences, technically you have violated immigration regulations. But have no fear, they will probably just look the other way.


Yes. Submit it online at And don't wait to file your I-751. Getting these done timely will preserve your status.



Thank you! Really appreciate it. ..especially in such a timely manner!


Yes, better to submit it late then not at all. Moreover, the I-751 requires that you disclose all addresses where you have resided since becoming a lawful permanent resident. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer