Hi, Can you explain this charge to me..the meaning. Thank you Crime ATT Course Sex Conduct - Child 1st Class C

New Rochelle, NY |

Here is the law:

S 130.75 Course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree.
1. A person is guilty of course of sexual conduct against a child in
the first degree when, over a period of time not less than three months
in duration:
(a) he or she engages in two or more acts of sexual conduct, which
includes at least one act of sexual intercourse, oral sexual conduct,
anal sexual conduct or aggravated sexual contact, with a child less than
eleven years old; or
(b) he or she, being eighteen years old or more, engages in two or
more acts of sexual conduct, which include at least one act of sexual
intercourse, oral sexual conduct, anal sexual conduct or aggravated
sexual contact, with a child less than thirteen years old.

Because the person is charged with the attempt of this crime the grading goes down one level from a class B to a class C felony.

As Mr. Lieberman lister--that is the statute. Generally, it is multiple sexual acts, or in this case Attempted sexual acts, against a child.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Mr. Lieberman helpfully put in the entire statute so you can see the elements of the charge. If this is the original charge then it is likely based on multiple attempts to abuse a child. This would be unusual as most child abuse cases involve completed not attempted offenses. If it is the charge to which the person pled guilty, an attempt is often the basis of the plea so that the class of the offense is lessened. In this case, from a B to a C felony.