Skip to main content

Hey I have a car and my fiance was driven and 2010 we had a car accident,and we hit the back of a women's car

East Chicago, IN |

we both filed a police report ,there were no injuries at the time . And she contacted her lawyer ,we agreed to pay $10,000 we paid up to $675 and then I found out there was a judgement a aganit because of that me she went to the doctor 2 to 6 month after and know they are saying I have to pay her medical bills and because I did not have insurance. what can I do about that

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should meet with your own lawyer and figure out what to do next.


Your facts are not clear. Consult with a personal injury attorney to help you sort them out.


So, the woman you hit filed a claim with her own insurance company. That insurance settled with her and has secured a judgment against you. You can make payments until the amount is paid-in-full or you can file for bankruptcy protection.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.