Skip to main content

Help court in am!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!

Willmar, MN |

ok well I fought a restraining order and I won (no attorney)! 33 days later I get a letter from my ex's (new) attorney with a new court date now they say new trial because the judge treated the case as a first restraining order but she put two on me over 12 years ago which all were vacated shortly after they were put on - so they claim it should have been ran as an extension? wow! Ok so now I have to go to court in the am and try this all again.

this case hinges on did she have reasonable fear - in the original case I proved that she did not. she did not report to police. she did not file for 10 days after alleged phone calls that she made - I was at work around customers - she actually threatened me! I had just won a custody battle!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


My advice to you right now is to ask the judge tomorrow for a continuance so you can obtain an attorney. The judge will most likely grant your request. This would give you more of an opportunity to find an attorney who is a good fit for you.


Hello. I suggest you ask the judge for an extension for you to secure attorney counsel. Even if you cannot afford full attorney representation, at minimum you should privately confer with an attorney for specific legal advice on preparing and presenting your case. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq., Restraining Order Law, Harassment Order Law, Order for Protection Law, Domestic Abuse Law, Children & the Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer