Skip to main content

Help! I need an attorney ASAP who can help with probation termination

Beverly Hills, CA |

I was sentenced to formal probation for 3 years and have completed all the terms of my probation and didn't have any jail time. I'm done with everything! I just don't want to be on probation and pay thousands of dollars for senseless "supervision" when I dont even meet with anyone.

I'm looking to hire a lawyer who can help terminate my probation or at least modify the cost of my probation. I work and I'm a full time student so I don't want to waste money on probation. Leave your number if you're available and I will get a hold of you. Thanks! Nathan

PS: any lawyer in any area in la or Orange County or anywhere is fine, I will drive to you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need a DUI attorney who is experienced with motions to terminate probation per 1203.3 and then you will also be eligible for expungement per 1203.4 (if the probation is terminated). You may also be eligible to have probation converted to summary (informal) probation if the court is unwilling to terminate.

Most of us on AVVO who are experienced in these types of motions will give you a free consultation.


Look on Find A Lawyer


Choose a lawyer and call them, or two. Avvo has all out numbers and contact information handy.

Contributions on in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.


Although you don't state the charge, if you are on formal probation, I am assuming you plead to a felony DUI. As has already been stated, you may be able to have your matter reduced and then expunged, or obtain a modification of probation, from formal to summary. Among other things, the Judge will focus on the charge, how far into the probation period you are, whether the conditions of probation have been complied with ( which you state, they have) and whether or not probation has been violated.


As my colleagues have stated, you have several options, but you need help. Contact some lawyers and take advantage of the fact that many of us on Avvo provide a free consultation.


Get an attorney to file a motion to terminate probation early and expungment . Which court is DUI out of?

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer