Hello this year my entire federal tax return was taken by US Department of Agriculture Rural Developement how can I get it back?

Baraboo, WI |

This year the U.S Deptartment of Agriculture. Rural Drevelopement took my entire federal return of $5601.00 due to a Mortgage debt and because of this I will probably end up homeless I am a single mother raising 4 children and this is going to have a severe impact on me and my family. The loan was taken out in 2008 and was guaranteed by chase. I filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and chase said ithatvthe debt was no linger valid, yet now in 2013 the Department of Agriculture has taken it all. I am at a lost on what to do and how I can get it back I would really appreciate any helpful information I could really use it Please and Thank You. Sarah.

You have posted your question under "Land Use/Zoning" so mostly only attorneys with experience in that area will be viewing your question. I suggest re-posting your question under tax law. You may get a better answer there. I also suggest contacting a CPA or tax attorney in your area that may be able to answer your tax questions.