Hello Attorneys..Request for a decision based upon the record..what does that mean plz?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

In reality, all decisions whether made by a Judge or the USCIS should be on the record.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Any and all decisions made by either USCIS, CBP, ICE, DOL, DOS, AAU or an immigration judge are or should be made based on one's record.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

If you don't have a lawyer, you need one immediately. If you have a lawyer, why aren't you asking her?

THIS SITE IS ATTORNEY ADVERTISING AND PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILIAR OUTCOME. My Avvo site contains general information only, is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Sorry Attorney!! Why u answer by a question?? I thought this sitas to give legal advice..Please don't answer if u are not trying to be hepful...thank you!

I thought this site was to give legal advice

Janet Lee Steinman

Janet Lee Steinman

Of course lawyers on this site will ask questions for clarification. The fact that you don't want to answer a question is very suspicioous. And no, Avvo is not for legal advice, it is to supply information. You are not in an attorney-client relationship with anyone here just because you receive information..