Skip to main content

Hello, my question is if i can travel to Hawaii or Alaska with no problems. I am not a permanent, i am with Deferred action.

Columbus, OH |

i have now my state Id and my petition was accepted by USCIS .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Yes, but only if you are sure that the plane will not be landing in any country outside the USA while you are on the plane.

As a person with Deferred Action, you should avoid departing the United States, unless you have previously obtained a travel document issued by US immigration officials, and even then, you still should avoid departing the United States, because of the possibility of problems upon your attempt to re-enter the USA.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.



Thanks you,

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin


You are most welcome.


I agree with Mr. Carlin. There is a possibility a plane can land on non-US territory due to severe weather, other unforeseeable reasons.


Agreed. Make absolutely sure the plane never leaves the US during the flight.


You may travel to any of the 50 states, however, you may not even land in another country on a continuous trip.


I agree with my colleauges only travel if you will always be on US soil.


I agree with my colleagues. Persons with DACA can travel within the U.S. but they may not travel outside the U.S. without advance permission.

You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer