Skip to main content

Hello! I am on L-1B visa. I am getting married to my husband in Seychelles this summer. Can my spouse work on L2?

San Francisco, CA |

I am getting married in Seychelles this summer. Have the following queries:
- Is the Seychelles wedding certificate recognized in US? When my husband takes the certificate to the consulate for L2, will they consider it as a valid document?
- Can my spouse work on L2 visa? How soon?
- What are the other documents that he would need for his visa interview?
- I had my L-1b interview in India. Does my husband has to go to the same location or he can go to the US embassy in Dubai (where he is currently located)?
Thank you so much!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


1) Yes
2) Yes. He will apply for employment authorization and once approved he can work. It takes 90 days.
3) You can look up the Consulate's website or retain an attorney to help you with the process
4) If he is residing in Dubai, he can apply for a visa there.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


Yes. Provided you secure it first.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes, with a work permit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer