Hello I am representing a group of women in Harlingen Texas. We all think that we have been discriminated

Harlingen, TX |

All of us have been fired, accuse of things that we did not do. Some of us have sing papers, some of us did not, but we all got fired. we know the real reason why we got fired, but how can we prove it or what can we do.

Do you all share some trait or characteristic that makes you members of a protected class? That is the place to begin. If the answer is, yes, then you need to seek out a labor/employment lawyer in your area. Gender is a protected class. if you were all fired because you were women then see a lawyer. the lawyer will know what proof is needed. Dont try doing this on your own-- find a lawyer. You can use the refund a lawyer function here on Avvo to do so. Good luck ladies!

I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not intended to be taken as legal advice. These opinions are based on New York practice. I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.

Very helpful . thank you

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Andrew Lawrence Weitz

you're welcome.

You need to speak with an employment lawyer. Discrimination cases are very technical and require proving specific facts. They are even more technical if you all represent a class of employees rather than an individual. Your probability of success without professional assistance is very low, which is why you need to speak with an employment lawyer.

You can get more information about discrimination and the process to defend your rights on my website at http://kielichlawfirm.com. You can also find my contact information on my website if you would like to speak with me. I am a little far from Harlingen but I could help you find a local attorney if needed.

I agree with my colleague.You need to speak with an employment attorney. The numerous land mines, pitfalls and requirements make employment cases a very specialized area of the law and a trap for the unwary.