Hello, I want sue my ex husband and all parties involved for pain & suffering for damaging my son psychologically!

Hyde Park, NY |

I was coerced against my will, in 2001 to give up custody of my 6 in half year old son or I would lose custody, to an illegal immigrant from ecuador. I also had to have supervised visitation and have been incarcerated twice because of the high payments of child support I had to pay, even when I wasn't working? The judges were always on my ex- husband side. I wrote to senates, immigration supreme court judges, law guardians and this in turn made them more angry, to help me less. My son was only allowed to se me every other weekend until he was almost 11 years old. His father trumped up false claims and then I was forced to have supervised visitation and pay ridiculous amounts of money that I did not have. In turn my son turned against me due to the years of brainwashing !

Your best bet is to retain a local child custody lawyer instead of writing the judges.

No.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

You've painted a complicated picture that is probably more complicated than stated. Assuming a valid cause of action exists that isn't time barred, you will have a difficult time finding an attorney to take such a case, certainly not on a contingency basis. Find a good family law attorney regarding the custody issue and go from there.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

I don't know if you have an actionable claim against anyone based on your question. But moving forward, you should get right with child support, get a custody lawyer to fight for you, and get back in your child's life in a positive way. Good luck.

There is no valid basis for you to bring a claim for "pain and suffering" because of what has happened to you based upon prior and/or pending legal actions and court orders issued as a result thereof. Similarly, you can not make a claim that your son was damaged psychologically by the prior history you describe for numerous and complex reasons that would be too lengthy to go into here. Furthermore, to bring a claim in behalf of your son would require a Legal Guardian to act for him in the lawsuit as he is a minor and minors can not bring lawsuits solely in their own name. You do not have custody and it is highly doubtful that your ex would agree to the bringing of such a claim, let alone allow you to do so.

This is not a situation where you have a cause of action against your ex-husband, or any of the other people involved.

Consult with a local family law attorney. There seems to be a lot wrong with this picture.