Skip to main content

Hello, I was arrested, booked and charged with DUI in kittitas county. I'm out on $1000 bonded bail.

Ellensburg, WA |

I have a DUI in 05 (more than 7 years ago, and a DUI reduced to NEG 1 in 07. In case of a warrant does Kittitas county or bondsmen come accross the cascades to arrest in King county? My attorney in western washington doesn't know how kittitas county behaves.

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I doubt they'll come looking for you. They'll just put out a warrant and wait for you to mess up. The warrant will probably bring about your arrest sometime around Christmas and you will get to sit while they see if they can find a judge for you.

Get a DUI/DWI lawyer to help you with it and get it behind you.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:


You should expect that law enforcement and your bond company will look for you should you miss court. I believe that in most jurisdictions in WA, law enforcement would look for someone charged with a DUI; with what amounts to two prior DUI convictions, I am certain of it.

Keep in touch with your lawyer and the court about your court dates so you dont miss any. It would be a mistake to think that you could avoid prosecution by not showing up in court, even if you were to move to the other side of the country. These matters dont simply disappear. If you arent satisfied with the work your lawyer is doing on your behalf, find another.


If you posted a bond and you fail to appear and a warrant is issued for your arrest, you can be certain that the bonding company does not want to lose their money. Their recourse is to send their bounty hunters to track you down and bring you to court/jail. My experience in Kittitas County is that they are well known for their strenuous enforcement measures, especially this being your third DUI arrest. It seems unwise to hope they will overlook you.