Skip to main content

He will not sign the divorce paper and we still share a home? He will not leave and we have abuse relationship. What can I do?

Fort Worth, TX |

He is a very verbally abuse person and he hate my kids. He refuse to leave or sign the divorce papers. I can't leave because the apartment is in my name and they will not let me out of lease agreement. I need some advice on what to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to hire a lawyer, file a Petition for Divorce and request Temporary Orders, set it for hearing, serve him; and then show up for the hearing with admissible evidence of the allegations. Good luck.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state


I agree with the advice given above. You need to hire an attorney, have your husband served, set the case for a temporary orders hearing and prove your allegations in court.


Theresa Langford is right again! If he will not sign the divorce papers, you're going to have to get a court to render a decision and divorce you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer