Skip to main content

Hawaii family law, objecting to child protective services investigation

Honolulu, HI |

Can Child Preotective services force me to comply with their investigation? I have been threatened with having my children removed if I do not comply. I am also 7 months pregnant and am unable to take medication for PTSD, as to which I am being forced to go see a psychiatrist. Can CPS talk to my children alone at school, if they are special needs?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The states often give CPS broad powers to investigate and protect children.

A parent can "voluntarily" work with CPS or deal with CPS once it obtains the necessary court orders. CPS likely can quickly obtain the court orders it needs.

Given the many issues apparent in your situation, you likely should review your facts and options with a local attorney. You may not want to sign any document with CPS without the advice of your attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer