Skip to main content

Having record expunged, charges were dropped...

Huntsville, AL |

I currently live in Morgan county, Al. I was arrested in Madison County, Al on 8 July, 09 for possession of marijuana 2nd degree and unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance 1st degree. On Apr 16, 2010 was the pretrial hearing. The charges were dropped and I received a letter from my attorney saying the charges for both counts had been nolle prose qui. I am still having trouble finding a job because of the arrest record. Is there anyway to have this expunged from my record seeing as how they didn't want to prosecute?

After doing some research I'm aware Alabama has no expungement law currently on the books, can this be sealed then?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no expungement in Alabama.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


You are correct. There is not currently an expungement law in Alabama. A bill is usually submitted in the legislature every year, but it seems to die in committee every year. There is currently no method by which those records could be sealed either.

No representation is made that the legal services provided are great than legal services provided by other lawyers. This answer does NOT create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to further inquiries.

Russell Wilson Crumbley

Russell Wilson Crumbley


A new expungement law is going into effect soon. Contact us for help!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer