Skip to main content

Have temp rest& temp full cust minor, my ex GF is an Oxy-Codone addict help?ex uses our kid to get codeine between pills.

Seattle, WA |

Amber refused to take ct ordered drug hair n urine test last month she said she don't trust outta state labs was why by text. how do I get com to see those? I took tests proof im clean. also Ex go all tax earned income money and hasn't come to visit once at all. she exposes our daughter to those druggie people it scares me. she also makes our kid sick so she can get prescriptions of cough syrup w codeine to get by when she is out of pills. she has not even called to talk w our daughter since court on the 4th of April. our daughter begged me for 3 months to get full custody of her and she danced when I told her I had temp full custody. Any pointers will be grateful for and include u in our prayers for joy and good health n happiness Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This sounds like child abuse. You should report the mom's behavior to CPS. It sounds like you already have a petition for custody filed. See my AVVO Legal Guides on paternity, custody, parenting plans and restrictions under RCW 26.09.191 for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although my AVVO Answers and Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. To find my Legal Guides, click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 32 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”. © Bruce Clement

©Bruce Clement. This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.


It sounds like you are on the right path. You just need to make sure you have good legal counsel along the way. This is your daughter. This is important. Borrow money if necessary to get the best lawyer you can.


Does your temporary order give your ex supervised visits or any visits? If the temporary order does provide for visitation and you are concerned it is not providing your daughter enough protection then go back in front of the court.

Have you filed the paper work to modify the parenting plan or establish a permanent parenting plan? Have you spoken to an attorney either as a consultation or through legal aid? Have you spoken with the court facilitator?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer