Have I been wrongfully terminated or a victim of discrimination?

Cleveland, OH |

I was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I was hospitalized in May and was on leave of absence until July of 2013. I did share my medical situation with the HR administrator in my building and asked for confidentiality. Mid August, my employment was terminated. The company states that I violated safety and security guidelines and refused to obey the reasonable request of a supervisor. I did neither. I was asked to complete a task "as soon as possible," which I did. I asked for assistance and resources to complete the task. I did not receive the promised assistance and the resources were delivered to me a week after I requested them. There is more to the situation, but my main question is could this be discrimination?

Were you out on FMLA or short term disability?

This could possibly be disability discrimination but many more details are needed. This is a complex area of law and you would be well-served to contact a local employment attorney for a consultation. You can find one at www.oelasmart.net (Ohio Employment Lawyers' Association).

This post is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.