Skip to main content

Harrassing cell phone calls/

Passaic, NJ |

i have been receiving harrassing cell phone calls from a person, numerous times a day, they always call blocked but i know who this person is. they dont talk they just stay there listening. i say something and they hang up. can i press charges against this person for harassment??? i am so tired of changing my number that i dont want to do that anymore.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Yes, you can file a complaint for harassment in either the town where the calls were made or where they were received. As part of the State's case, it may be necessary to subpoena the defendant's phone bills. I suggest that you start keeping a journal of the dates and times when you receive these calls.


You can file in your town, the person's town, or the town in which the action took place.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer