Skip to main content

Handicapped parking violation with wrong car made year and vin Can i dispute that?

West Covina, CA |

I received a handicapped parking ticket with wrong year and wrong vin number.
My car wa made on2009, but it showed 97 on the ticket. And also, the vin numbers are totally wrong. Can I dispute my ticket because these mistakes?

+ Read More

Filed under: Parking tickets
Attorney answers 3


Yes and you should. Make sure you weren't cited for unlawful use of placard.


The police officer can correct errors on the ticket at any time, up to and including the day of trial.

The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be advertising, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. The transmission of information on AVVO is not intended to establish, and receipt of such information does not establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The reader should not act on the answers without first consulting legal counsel.


You should fight this ticket if you were not unlawfully using a handicap placard. The clerical errors on the ticket are not really going to help you. They can be corrected.