Skip to main content

Had a severe car acciden2 wks ago and 2 1/2 years a go i had a curused hand injury in a garage door. The attny who wants

Sarasota, FL |

to handle the car injury case wants me to start a case with him to sue the home owners ins. for all the injuries I have from my RSD and all med trouble from this garage door injury. The car accident was not my luck someone left a full size tire in the middle of a 3 lane interstate. I was going the full speed of 70 behind a SUV who I did not know why they were weaving in the middle of the road in front of me and then when the tire got past the SUV and then close to me I tried to avoid it. my car ended up clear to the other side of the interstate hitting the side railing and then landing back into the interstate again. Can this attorney have a garage door case? Should I interview other Atty's for a possible garage door case? My er bills for the car have exceeded 10K

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


There is nothing wrong with speaking to more than one attorney before settling on one. In fact, it can very useful. Just understand that there is no "best". There is best for your case. Who you are most comfortable with and confident in; assuming you speakin with qualified personal injury attorneys. Good Lu k.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Speak to your attorney infull about both cases. You may have a claim for the garage door injury. The car accident claim is difficult, as you have described it. Hire whomever you have confidence in to handle the claims.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505


There is no reason why the same lawyer can't represent you in both cases. Just make sure you have confidence in him/her. Good Luck

Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Mr. Shiner is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Shiner strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. To learn more about David I. Shiner or the Shiner Law Group, P.A. please call our office at (561) 368-3363 or toll free at 1 (855) 368-3363 or visit website at or


Both sound like good cases and it is often best to have the same lawyer handle both. It is very important to pick a lawyer who is qualified and knows the ins and outs of RSD / CRPS, as -as you know- these are serious cases. We would be happy to be interviewed and help or answer any other questions you have- or 800-6-know-law.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook-, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at


The same attorney can handle both claims. It is imperative that you discuss the respective claims with your attorney so he/she may understand the origins of all injuries. Florida has a standard jury instruction for aggravation/exacerbation claims. Thus, the second accident may have aggravated/exacerbated much of your pre-existing pathology.

Further, the attorney handling your auto accident must obtain all of your prior records including but not limited to the garage door claim in order to distinguish your injuries.

I wish you the best of luck.

Matthew A. Dolman, Esq.

This advice should not be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction for a consultation and evaluation of your potential claim.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer