H4-F1-OPT- India Travel, No F1 Visa stamp so far, Can I travel to India?

New York, NY |

My wife arrived to US on H4 visa. She later converted that F1 visa. Now she is graduating in May and we have applied for her OPT in March. During her F1 status she never traveled to India which means she doesn’t have any F1 visa stamping on her passport and her H4 visa has expired. Can she travel to India once she receives her OPT? She has a job offer in hand.

Travel on OPT is not recommended.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Sure, but she may not be able to come back.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.