Skip to main content

H1B RFE ......SEVIS Terminated Reinstatement I 20 from University!!!!

Los Angeles, CA |

Hello, I have get RFE of H1B. And my university has terminated my SEVIS because of low attendance in last semester. They have issued a reinstatement I 20 and told me that you have to submit to USCIS within a 30 days. I took a CPT in last semester and registered 9 credit courses. But I could not attend the classes because of I was working.Can you please advice me that what should I have to do ? Reinstatement and H1B application is different or same ? What will be happen if I will apply for reinstatement after getting H1B approval or after 30 days ?Or first I have to submit my RFE document and then I have to wait for result of H1B? Can you please let me know. Thank You for reading my Question. I am waiting for some positive response.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Reinstatement and H1-B are 2 different things. If you get H1-B approval, you don't need to worry about student status, but the issue is you must be in status to adjust status. If you are out of status, how will you adjust to H1-B? Will you go home to do it? Yes, you need to hire a local attorney who know a lot about educational topics. We have one in Los Angeles.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |



Thank You for your response. After getting H1B approval, Can I leave the country to adjust my status??


We can definitely advice you but not on AVVO. That would be a legal consultation. AVVO is not for that. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Too complex a situation to resolve online.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer