H1B restamping and Green card lottery.

Fairfax, VA |

I won DV lottery 2014 and I am currently in H1B visa. I am visiting my family this summer and I need H1B restamp/renewal because my current visa is expiring in July. I know H1B is a dual intent visa. Should I send my documents to KCC after returning back from home? Or Should I send it now? Does it have any adverse effect to my H1B restamping?

The documents I am talking here are DSP-122 (Supplemental Registration for DV) and DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration) which should be send to KCC not I-485 and other documents (e.g. medical and advanced parole) for USCIS.

You can submit your immigrant petition now and do not need to wait

you mean DSP 122 (supplemental registration of DV program) by saying immigration petition, correct?

You can send your adjustment application with an advance parole application (which is free). That case you are covered with a valid H-1B (dual intent) visa and a parole document.

i am not saying about filing I485 (AOS) or Advanced Parole. I am asking about sending DSP-122 (supplemental registration of DV program) to KCC.

Whether to send the documents before or after your trip is a decision only you can make.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.