Skip to main content

H1b or greencard process

Pasadena, CA |

I'm on F2 visa and I worked with someone's SSN using my own name, how is this gonna effect me getting an H4 and later EB2 greencard or E21 (through spouse's EB2), or greencard through DV-lottery??


A background check was done by the employer too. DOJ and FBI or something? And in the form I'm sure the employer checked off the box that the purpose of the background check was for "employment"

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information is needed. On form I-9, did you say you were a US citizen, a permanent resident or had a temporary working visa?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



I checked the box a lawful permanent resident then just put in the Alien # from the "greencard" I had, and used/gave a copy of SS card with my name but someone else's number.


I agree, more info is needed, but it will not help your case

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I also agree.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer