Skip to main content

H1B LCA question

Raleigh, NC |

My work location is Raleigh, NC and i've my LCA and H1B for same. Since my family is based out in NJ sometimes i do work from home from NJ. 70% i work from my designated LCA location, NC, and 30% from home in NJ. I pay taxes in NC and my wife pays taxes in NJ. We jointly file our taxes and pay both state taxes. Is this an issue since my LCA is based out in Raleigh, NC.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Your employer may need to have two LCA's approved for the different locations. Please consult with the company attorney for additional advice.


That is a problem.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


HI Hope that you are well. If your LCA was filed stating that there was only going to be one work location then there is a problem that needs to be corrected. Talk to the attorney that did the petition so that it could be taken care of. Regards and best of luck.


Company just needs to file a second lca listing your home as a work location as well.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


You should have an LCA for each location. Speak with your employer and their attorney.


Robert Brown LLC
2530 Meridian Parkway, Suite 3050
Durham, NC 27713