H-1B extension while B1/B2 COS is pending ?

Princeton, NJ |

Hello, My PERM was pending and my H1B was expiring. Therefore, to stay in status i filed to change my status from H-1B to B1/B2. Now my PERM has been approved and my Change of Status is pending. Can my attorney file for my I-140 (premium processing) and then H-1B extension ((premium processing) and once i get the extension approved i can withdraw my change of status application. ?

Ask your attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

This post requires analysis of facts that would be in possession of the attorney helping you currently. Please direct your questions to him or her to get the best answers. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

The questions is why did you change to B status. You should address your question to the attorney who handles your case.