Skip to main content

Gun Charge

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello a friend of mines has been arrested for a gun inside of an apartment where he doesn't live,he was arrested and now out on bail going back and forth to court for a year and might face jail time because on the gun they found multiple finger prints and the judges are saying his print might be one of the print on the gun, please let me know what to do in this case Thank You...............

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


If the gun was not in his home then he is charged with a felony and faces several years in jail even on a plea deal. The best thing he can do is hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


He needs his own attorney to look at the fingerprint report and see if it says it's a match and if so, hire his own expert to compare the results. Only then can he make a decision on whether to plea or go to trial--especially in Bklyn where i heard they did not win 1 single gun trial last year.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


You need an attorney to review the evidence and determine if your friend's print is on the gun. "Maybe" on the gun is meaningless; an expert can say if it is or isn't. If it is not, and he doesn't live there, and the gun was not found on him or right next to him, he should be able to beat this case.

I have been chosen by Superlawyers as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in NYC. I was a First Deputy Bureau Chief in the Brooklyn DA's Office and have over 30 years of criminal law experience. Phone: 212-766-3366;


Not sure what the question is. If your friend feels his lawyer is not answering his questions satisfactorily, the remedy is to hire a different lawyer of his own choosing, or ask the judge to appoint him a new lawyer.


He needs to hire a criminal lawyer for help with this.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer