Skip to main content

Guardian Had Me Wrongfully Hospitalized

Sterling Heights, MI |

I was wrongfully hospitalized from my guardian.

I was living with a roommate who was hospitalized due to attacking his last roommate. My roommate was taking medications since then. My guardian came to my apartment, and my roommate (black) made comments that I was not taking my medication (Xanax), which I was.

I was sitting with my guardian, and he made sexual outbursts, saying "pig" and "hog-tied."

He filed a petition for hospitalization, claiming that I was not taking my medication. I was not given any laboratory work to support or disprove the statement.

Is that recourse for the remarks and petition? I can petition my guardianship in 2 weeks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your guardian was promptly acting on the only information available, even thought it was false. You probably have little if any recourse there. You can use the evidence you claim to seek to petition for an end of the guardianship, or replacement of the guardian.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .


Best bet is to focus on getting a new guardian


I would seek to have the guardian replaced.


I would just replace the Guardian if that would give you peace of mind.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.