Skip to main content

Greencard removal process

Tucson, AZ |

How would anyone know if their greencard is under the removal process? Is there any warning letter that you receive before they start this process?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I agree to some extent, but often action is taken at a port of entry when someone returns from a trip or when someone applies for adjustment or naturalization. It is mandatory to update your address by filing a form AR-11 within 30 days of changing your address.

You can file to update your address electronically at In addition, you can call 800-898-7180 and enter your alien number to see if there is a deportation case that was filed in immigration court. Sometimes, a deportation complaint, called a notice to appear, is issued in your filed, but never filed in court or simply dismissed or closed due to ongoing defects. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


You will receive a notice to appear at immigration court.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



do they send notice to your given address in the country you live or the address provided for greencard i.e. address in USA?


The answer to this question really depends upon the specific facts of the case. Obviously, if one was just received a decision denying an application, that may be indicative that removal proceedings may be forthcoming. In general, however, USCIS does not provide advance notice. They simply issue a Notice to Appear. .

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer