Green Card process: Country of birth or citizenship

Houston, TX |

Dear Experts,

I am working on H1 visa and my employer is going to start my Green card process soon.

As per my understanding, it will take 5-10 years for Indian citizens to complete the GC process.

My wife has obtained Irish citizenship and I wanted to know will this help me in getting GC earlier.

Will we be in Indian queue for GC as our birthplace is India or Irish citizenship will help.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice.

Regards.

It's your place of citizenship the one that counts. Not your wife's.

A country of birth.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Country of birth is what counts. Country of citizenship does not control.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

The issue is country of origination.

The link below contains a series of questions and answers that has been issued by USCIS on the subject.