Skip to main content

Green card interview with arrest record

Los Angeles, CA |

during the interview I submitted a copy of the arrest record (not the original or certified copy), the officer told me to give him a copy. will that be a problem even the officer approve my case at the end of interview

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Why are you concerned if the officer approved your case. Is there anything else, you are not telling us? Maybe you should see an immigration attorney for a consultation, after all?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If the officer approved your case the real question is whether or not it was approved in error. The only way to determine if it was approved in error would be to seek a consultation and make sure there was not some issue which was missed by the officer and which could cause you problems in the future. If there is some issue which was missed consult an excellent immigration attorney ASAP. If the document you submitted was accepted by the officer and it was true and accurate then no, lack of certification by itself would not be a grounds to nullify your status.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.


I agree with my colleagues. It's approved. Congratulations. When you apply for citizenship, it all gets looked at again - including whether the green card was issued in error. If you are going to worry for five years, then hire a lawyer now to go through your application with you carefully and tell you whether there is anything to worry about later.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.