Skip to main content

Green Card holder applying to SSN

Austin, TX |

recently I received my green card, Now I need to apply to get SSN, What the best answer to the following question:
Q: Citizenship (check one)
1-U.S. Citizen
2-Legal Alien Allowed To Work
3-Legal Alien Not Allowed to Work

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Best way to get your SSN is to go into your local SS Office and apply, show them your greencard and other evidence that you are the person to whom the greencard was issued: birth certificate, Passport, Driver License...


2-Legal Alien Allowed To Work

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer