GREEN CARD EMPLOYMENT BASED CATEGORY 3 (EB3)

Saint Cloud, FL |

Hey, our Green Card, Employment Based Category 3 (EB3) priority date is September 2009, we have seen for the last three months the immigration has been jumping 2 months, 3 months and now this month almost 9 months, meaning very soon we'll be current. After we apply, will the GreenCard come with the 2 year condition like other green card categories or how does it work with EB3???

ALSO, how long does it take to get the approval after we apply?? and how Much does it Cost, apart from Attorney fees???

Am so sorry so many stupid questions, but this is really bothering me, Please help.

Thanks and God Bless.

Janet

Hello Janet. No such thing as a stupid question when it comes to immigration. Please note that the EB-3 category is quite backlogged. And it does not necessarily jump by a month or two each time a calendar month goes by. The category can also "retrogress," meaning it can also go backward. This is because the cutoffs date prior to your must be cleared first and often the visa bulletin does not properly relflect your true wait time. Once you do get the green card, it will not be subject to a two year condition. Make sure you have an experienced immigration attorney to help you. Regards.

Thanks Shahzad,

Shahzad, if get Green Card, am the petitioner, and I petition together with my husband, and later divorce after Green card aproval, will his Green Card be revoked? am asking this because my cousin is going through the same, not me. Once again, Thanks Shahzad.

Shahzad Ahmed

Shahzad Ahmed

sorry I didn't understand your question.

My question was, If my husband got green card through me under this petition, if we divorce after our green cards are out, approved, will his green card be revoked because he's no longer married to me?

No 2 years condition in your case. it takes somewhere between 3 months to over 1 year.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

OMG, Thanks Gen, that's great to hear. But my friend was telling me GreenCard through Marriage has a 2 year Condition while GreenCard Through EB3 has 5 Year condition, does that mean he's wrong?

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

That's not a condition. It is a wait time.

Am sorry Gen, I do not understand your answer, let me rephrase my question maybe my question was not clear: When our numbers became current and we apply for the Green Card, which normally would take processing time between 3 to 12 Months, as you've stated earlier, WILL THE GREEN CARD ITSELF BE CONDITIONAL, 2 years or 5 years..etc???....That was my question, Sorry if my first question wasn't clear. Janette

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

Hi, I apologize. I did not phrase my answer right. For EB3 case, it probably take 5 or more years for you to become eligible for filing I-485.

Ok, I get it.

That means if I get approved for my GC, then I can go ahead and apply for Citizenship right away, If I want to, right? Janette

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

Unfortunately, no. You have to wait 5 years and meet all the requirement for naturalization after you become a permanent resident.

so why is our case different? because my best friend got married by US Citizen and he applied for Citizenship right away after the 2 year condition was over, I thought there was NO any condition with our green card?

Gen Kimura

Gen Kimura

The process for family based and employment based GC process is completely different so you can not compare the two cases. If you are married to a USC and become a permanent resident, you are eligible for a naturalization after 3 years, and 3 years include the time you spend as a conditional permanent resident.

CIS usually takes 4 -6 months after filing but may take longer. You will receive a 10 year card if approved. The CIS filing fees are $1070 per applicant, minor children have a reduced fee as of today.

888.861.4414
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
Baldwin Park
4767 New Broad Street
Orlando, Florida 32814

so if it takes up to 6 months to come out, when can someone get the approval letter?? because I know with the approval letter I can continue working, I work in the Hospital ICU.

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Often the approval notice and the actual card come out about the same time. In some instances the card actually comes before the approval notice.

Robert, if get Green Card, am the petitioner, and I petition together with my husband, and later divorce after Green card approval, will his Green Card be revoked because am the worker and we're no longer together? am asking this because my cousin is going through the same, not me. Once again, Thanks Robert Janette

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

The green card depends on the validity of the marriage for the dependent spouse At the time the green card is awarded.

Robert, No, I mean after the green card are approved and received. If they divorce afterwards will the green card already issued be revoked?

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Again if the marriage was valid at the time the resident status was granted, ending the marriage later does not impact status.