Skip to main content

Green card based on marriage,waiting for too long after the interview,wife wants a divorce now

Brooklyn, NY |

We have been married for three years and a few months, my wife is illegal for a very long time, I am a USC, we went for the first interview and we didn't get an answer till after 11 months almost ,and the case was denied and then we had to refile and we have been waiting more than a year now and no answer yet ..we have a great marriage and love each other and all,my wife thinks that we will never be approved and she wants to work and go to school but can't without a green card ,please help I don't know much about this ,I am a plumber 26 years old and she has a masters degree from her country and 4 years older than me ...can we do anything to get us approved and solve the problem ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


There is no way for you to expedite the process. It would be a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney to assist you with this process.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.



I have talked to a lawyer who is a friend to a friend and told us to wait , what if they deny us this time too? wife creating a lot of problems over this and sometimes talks about ending the marriage ?

Ili J. Subhan

Ili J. Subhan


Consult with an immigration attorney who will be able to discuss the specifics of your case in greater detail and advise you on the best course of action.


It does not appear that the process can be expedited. However, it is best to consult with experienced immigration counsel. Best Regards


Talk to an immigration attorney. You are seeking tailored advice which cannot be excepted on a free online legal blog.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Hire an immigration attorney to make inquiries and advocate on your behalf.

Sophia Solovyova, Esq. 32 Broadway Suite 1310 New York, N.Y. 10004 T: 917-279-0134 F: 646-435-9234


You do not say on what basis your first application was denied. Neither is it disclosed whether it was the I-130 or I-485 that was denied. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney who may review your filings and advise you how to proceed.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer