Skip to main content

Green card application. Form G 325A

Los Angeles, CA |

my wife filed i 130 and G 325A and submit her birth certificate as proof of US citizen. On her birth certificate her father age is not correct and her mother place of birth not correct. but when she filled G 325A she wrote the right place of birth of her mother. we found out this error after the application was approved and we received the green card. now what we should do with this problem how we can fix it. we plan to correct the birth certificate with the right information, will this error create any problem in the future.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


based on what you are saying you need to move to correct the BC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.



And then what? Do I need to send it the new birth certificate to USCIS or not?


maybe my colleagues will correct me, but I don't see it as a problem. The places where your wife's parents were born are not the decisive factors that influenced the grant of your permanent residency.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


It would be prudent to correct the birth certificate.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



Do I need to send the new birth certificate to USCIS or not?


The birth certificate should be corrected. A diligent Immigration Officer will review those entries if your wife decides to file for Naturalization.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer