Skip to main content

Green Card.

Los Angeles, CA |

I'm married to a U.S.C. and got my conditional green card.

Which date USCIS going to consider for future immigration benefits-

1. Date of marriage on Marriage certificate.

2.Date of sending the initial green card application.

3.Date mentioned on conditional green card.

I'm asking about date because i want to know which date is important from where i can start counting completion of 3 years in order to apply for citizenship?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Date on the CG for the purpose you have in mind

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


issue date on the green card

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


The date on your green card.

Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney.


The issue date that is on your permanent resident card is the date you use to count three years.

Andrea F Szew is an attorney with over 12 years experience in immigration law. Her response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to her. Please be aware that Ms. Szew highly recommends that you retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case. Ms. Szew's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you would like to discuss your case further with Ms. Szew please contact her office at either (310) 477-0047 or (702) 639-5129.



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


The date on your greencard after "Resident since"

DISCLAIMER: The information appearing here is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. We urge you to contact us at (310) 988-5092 or or consult with your own legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer