Skip to main content

Green card & Re-entry permit holder living outside of US. Can I enter US as business without any issue?

Beltsville, MD |

I have re-entry permit. I may need to visit US as business trip. Can I enter US without any trouble? How can I enter, checking as business on custom form?
Thank you for your advise in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have completely confused me. If you are an LPR, you, in most circumstances, can enter US, period.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes you can re-enter. If you have a valid permit, it shouldn't matter whether it is for business or not for business.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


No competent attorney can guarantee that you will not have any issues on entering the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer