Got my 2nd Speeding ticket in 13 months

Buffalo, NY |

I was driveing home from school going 73 in a 55 (NYS thru way) state trooper pulled me over asked me if I knew what I was doing. I said speeding. Now I got A ticket in the town of elma last September but i pled not guilty went to traffic school and got no points on my license. My question is is it possible to take this avenue again ? Will the court know about my previous ticket and how likely is it i can get no points on my license? I plan to pled not guilty regardless but my insurance is high being a male 19 year old driver.

Every court is different. Hire a local attorney to assist and it will be the best way to save money in the long run!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Local Attorneys are almost always better, they know the system.

You have no obligation to answer a cop's question and why you would confess that you were speeding is beyond me. Your answer to "do you know why I pulled you over" or "do you know what you are doing," is "no sir, I do not know why you stopped me," because (A) you don't, and (B) they are not there to "help" you but give you a ticket! Ditto for "do you know the speed limit," simply say "officer, I do not know why you stopped me, am I free to go?" You say this over and over to each question. If you were to retain our office we would go to court for you and we give a money back guarantee to reduce the points. We would try to get you into a local diversion program, but in any event if we don't get you relief you get your money back from us. Best of luck - AND NEVER AGAIN CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you hire a lawyer to fight the ticket

It all depends on where you got the ticket, what county. In general, in NY taking a defensive driver course, is a part of a plea agreement, not a way to do away with the ticket altogether