Got a speeding ticket for 84 mph and i was using cruse control at 65mph

Peoria, IL |

i got my first speeding ticket 3 weeks ago and am on court supervision so i have been using my cruse control on my compute to work and last night i got pulled over by a state officer and he said i was going 84 and i told him it was impossible because i was using cruse control at 65 he was very rude demanded my license and kept it i'm devastated this is unbelieveable i honestly was going 65 i dont know what to do i can't afford this and i need my license to drive 1 hour to work

You need to consult with a traffic attorney near you. In the meantime, stop relying on cruise control and instead be the slowest driver on the road.

Your ticket is a substitute for your license and in lieu of bond, so you can continue to drive but you really need a lawyer. If you have a working speedometer in your vehicle, you should have known you were speeding, regardless of the computer, even if you did not know the exact speed. A lawyer will help you minimize the damages.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

By the way - Are you aware that you can drive faster than the setiting on your cruise control and that if you take your foot off the accelerator, your speed will return to the preset speed?

You can drive on the ticket. A lawyer can probably save your supervision and maybe get it for the newest offense