Got a letter from homeland security, basiclly they are auditing our whole 3.5 year marriage, is this normal?

Chandler, AZ |

Every case is fact specific. If USCIS has reason to believe that there are issues with the marriage they can investigate. it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Hire an immigration attorney and soon

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

It is normal in cases where fraud is suspected. I recommend tat you consult with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

No it is not normal.

It makes me think that there is something 'not normal' about your relationship.

Do you file taxes together?
Live together?
Have insurance together?
Have bank accounts together?
Have children together?

Answering no to these questions can trigger them thinking you have a 'not normal' relationship.

Hire a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No. I agree. Time to contact a lawyer.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

It is not an everyday occurrence. So consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for assistance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

If the CIS suspects marriage fraud, yes, they will request information on all the time you were married. You need to respond very carefully to the notice. If you lose, you may end up being prosecuted for marriage fraud.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.