Skip to main content

Got a DWI last night blew a . 15

Newburgh, NY |

the other night around 12 : amain i left a bar pull out drove not even a 1 / 4 of a mile and got pulled over he side i went over the line ask me 2 step out of the car ask if i had anything that could make me fail these test i told him about my bad knees i fail test i blew a . 15 at station on paper work he said i didn't have anything that would prevent me from passing test didn't write down about my knees and also wrote i got pulled over at 12 : amain when i left the bar at 12 : amain and there was no video recording and before the bar there is about a 4 mile straight away and i told him i had 2 beers and a shot and he wrote down i had 6 drinks on the paper work and this is my 1st DWI and pretty much 1st time getting pulled over

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Retain a criminal defense lawyer with DWI experience. Do not post details on line, it is not confidential.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Retain an experienced DUI Attorney now. If this

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm


That is s high BAC. Hire a criminal defense lawyer who knows how to handle s dui case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You need to hire an attorney to help you. The problems with the paperwork may help but the attorney would need all the facts + speak to any witnesses.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


An experienced attorney will get you the best result.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


Your question raises a number of issues. Candidly, your case is not at all uncommon. It is likely the bar you left is one regularly monitored by the police in the hopes of effectuating DWI arrests.

That said, contact an attorney in your area who is familiar with the courts and DA's office. Make sure he or she has specific experience in DWI defense.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
Anelli Xavier
269 West Jefferson Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202


Retain a lawyer post haste. Money to retain the right counsel should not be a consideration. You blew a .15 in a bad venue. There is a great likelihood that you will end up with a criminal conviction with the wrong lawyer.


You should hire an attorney experienced in DWIs immediately.

A DWI arrest is a serious matter. Presuming the court has received a certified chemical breath test report, the judge is required by law to suspend your driver's license pending prosecution. However, you may be eligible for a hardship driver's license from the court which will allow you to drive to and from work, but such an application is best made with the assistance of qualified and experienced counsel.

Furthermore, should you be convicted of a DWI, there will be an additional license revocation period; a requirement for your to install and maintain an ignition interlock device for at least six (6) months; fines/probation/incarceration depending on your criminal history or lack thereof, etc...

This is a very important and complex matter. It should be treated as such.