Skip to main content

Got a dui last night. No insurance and I'm a minor. Should I get a Lawyer?

Canton, OH |

I got my dui last night at 6 am because my car was parked on the side of a suburban road, asleep, with light vomit on my clothes. I don't remember stepping into the car and I don't remember taking a blood test but I scored a really high blood alcohol content level, that I was to the emergency room. Should I plead no contest or get a lawyer?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You should hire an attorney or apply for the public defender. Even as a juvenile an OVI can carry serious consequences. If your car was parked and you were asleep you may have strong defenses available to you that a lawyer can present on your behalf. You are welcome to call me for a free consultation.



Thank you. When would be the best time to call?




You most definitely need a lawyer! Do not speak to the police and do not admit to or plead to anything without legal representation.


A DUI, even as a juvenile, will stay on your record forever. Sounds like you have some issues to work with, so a lawyer would be a very good idea.


Assuming that your offense occurred in Stark County, your charges will be forwarded to the Stark County Juvenile Prosecutor's Office for a review of what you will ultimately be charged with. The process can be lengthy, and you may not receive a formal complaint for several weeks. I agree with my colleagues; you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your potential options.

I regularly appear in the Stark County Juvenile Court, and would be happy to discuss your case in more detail.

The answer provided herein does not constitute an attorney-client relationship, and should not be construed as case-specific legal advice. For more detailed advice or information, please contact or retain a local attorney.


Talk to an attorney immediately. Plead not guilty at your arraignment. If you cannot afford an attorney, one can be appointed to you. I have offices in Cleveland and Akron. (216) 209-3639 If you like this answer, please like Ashley Jones Law on facebook


Get a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer