Skip to main content

Going to court if insurance doesn't settle

Memphis, TN |

I was rearended and the lady had liability insurance but they denied my claim.Because the lady that hit me claimed someone knocked her into me.but when she hit me and knocked me into traffic another vehicle dodged me and hit a block wall.His claim was denied too and he or me neither one saw another car.He and I both are going to retain an attorney.So how much time are we looking at if the insurance doesn't settle and we end up going to court.My granddaughter and I were injured and still going to Dr.We been going to Dr. for about 6 weeks.Also how much money will I get if the dr bill is about $3,000 and about $5,000 damage to my vehicle.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


It is virtually impossible for anyone on a message board to fully evaluate your case without the opportunity to sit down and review all of the pertinent facts. Medical records and medical bills help in that assessment. Take all of your records to a personal injury attorney, a copy of the police report, and anything else you have that helps to document your damages claims. Let that attorney fight on your behalf.

Good luck!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Consult wit an attorney in your area to evaluate your claims and seek maximum compensation.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney if you need further assistance.


Good decision to hire an attorney. Any time following drivers in a multi-car collision have different stories I think you're going to have to sue both of them. Amount of time to resolve depends on a number of factors. Difficult to estimate.


Tennessee has a short statute of limitations as I recall. Don't lose it all by missing the statte of limitations. Hire an attorney right away.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Best advice is to immediately seek the assistance of a local personal injury attorney. The type of problem you describe is a common and one that an experienced personal injury attorney will know how to handle. Many personal injury attorney offer free initial consultations - get help now before your claim becomes even more complicated. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Follow the advice you have already received. You need to retain a lawyer. Bottom line, you will receive more in the end if you are represented even with the attorney fee.
If you have not given a statement to the insurance company yet, don't. Nothing good will come of that . Wait until you have the advice of your attorney.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


Don't play lawyer, retain one. You should retain a Memphis personal injury lawyer.


You need to have your accident reviewed by a Memphis auto accident/personal injury attorney. If the claim is denied by the insurance company it means they are not going to settle with you and you need the assistance of an attorney. Tennessee has a one year statute of limitations. This means you must either settle your claim or file a lawsuit to stop the time limit within one year of the accident or your claim may be barred by law. There is no way an attorney can answer the questions about the value of your accident with just the information provided here on this website. There are so many factors that go into evaluating an accident claim that it takes much more information than could be provided here. Meet with an attorney to discuss your claim.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.


You should consult with a personal injury attorney in your area

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response is for educational purposes only. I have not met with you and I am not knowledgeable about the specific details of your case. Each case is unique and different. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you contact and meet with a licensed criminal defense attorney to discuss your specific circumstances. In addition, an attorney-client relationship is not created by virtue of this response.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer