Skip to main content

Girlfriend got a violation on my interlock, we think it's from a failed rolling retest.

South Brunswick, NJ |

I am 3 months into my 6 month interlock sentencing and have not had any issues with it thusfar. This morning I woke up to go to work, and it read that there had been a violation the day before. I didn't drive at all yesterday, but my girlfriend did to run some errands. She was not drinking at all so we're trying to figure out what happened, but our best guess is that she had a rolling restart right before parking and when she blew it she got an abort and didn't realize it. I realize that I am responsible for anyone who drives my car, but I am wondering what the outcome/punishment for this might be. I'm going to take it to get unlocked tomorrow.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Sounds like a judge would say bullshit! You may want to call to discuss. Do NOT screw this up. It will seriously cost you in the long run.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

Michael L Pescatore

Michael L Pescatore

Posted to bullshit.


You do not want to to be charged with a interlock violation, which can carry an additional license loss,among other penalties. To be safe rather then sorry, I would discuss this scenario with an attorney. Good luck


You need to consult with a lawyer to review. An interlock violation is a serious violation.


Hire an attorney asap-- You want to avoid being charged with a interlock violation; you will receive which an additional license loss, fines and other penalties.

Do NOT rely on this answer as the information provided here is not legal advice nor is it a substitute for legal advice which requires a consultation with a lawyer. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


I would start with the conmpany and find our what happened. Second go to the parking area and get the video if any. Then see an attorney if things develop.


It is imperative that you retain an attorney to assist you in this matter. First of all, an attorney will help with your investigation of how the violation occurred. Secondly, if you have a viable defense, it's in your best interest to have an attorney make this presentation to the court. I agree with my colleagues on this.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer