Skip to main content

Getting re-married and paying my ex child support.

Springfield, IL |

I would like to get re-married, but am concerned that my new husband will have to help pay for my child support or that his income will be added to mine and I will have to pay more. Can my ex do any of this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your spouse's income is not counted for calculating child support. On the other hand, it may be considered when determining contribution to college expenses.


Your new spouse's income cannot be used to determine your child support obligation. The law is very clear on this.


Agreed. There needs to be a unity of interest before we can look at new husband (Example, you and new husband start a house painting business, and each client cuts one check that you both share).