Skip to main content

Getting divorce, no legal separation filed, wife moving into other house we have.

Bulverde, TX |

Contacted county courthouse clerk where divorce filed, asked about paperwork or papers to petition for exclusive possession of our marital home I am in I bought. Said no such paperwork or forms for this. How do I ensure she is not invading my privacy and get exclusive possession to the marital home? Can this be done without an attorney?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need experienced counsel to help you through this. A simple divorce, with no children and minimal property can be handled with basic forms. The fact that you and your wife own two houses suggests that you have enough property to warrant protecting it. An experienced attorney can guide you through this process and ensure that your property is fairly split between you and your spouse. Temporary orders can be entered by the Court to fairly deal with all kinds of matters while a fair division of your property is worked out. Best of luck to you.

There is no legal relationship created or implied by the exchange of messages or information on this website. All statements by me are offered as general guidance, but should not be considered in any way to be legal advice for you to act on without consultation with a licensed lawyer in your state. In all cases, an attorney should be retained to review the full circumstances and deliver advice consistent with the information and guidance offered on this site. Legal advice is ONLY offered by me in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


For your wife to get an order granting exclusive possession of the house, she needs a court order which would be granted only after a hearing and notice to you. I suggest you get an experienced family law attorney to represent you.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer