Getting better after accident.

Cary, NC |

Had an accident about two weeks ago. Have been seeing chiropractor, I was doubtful at first, but I am actually feeling a lot better than I did several days ago. Im very surprised. I have an attorney. I have missed several days of work, as well as my practically new car. But thankfully my insurance company lien holder the balance. Hooray for that. I may be able to return to work in a couple days. But as far as recovering anything for personal injury, etc. One insurance is waiting on the other insurance to determine who is at fault.. That really stinks, but I can deal with it. Crash reports states other party is at fault. But anyways, I wasnt seriously injured just muscle aches. Hopefully everything will be resolved in my favor.

have been getting treatment for a week now... I was quite doubtful about it helping, but it surely did.

it is a great thing that you are recovering quickly. your health is more important than the legalities of the situation. sounds as though you have the right attitude and are proactive in getting better - that helps. i often tell injury clients that they are better off if their case is a small one because it means there isn't anything seriously wrong. what the insurance companies decide amongst themselves re fault is not binding on you. they often divvy up the fault as a matter of compromise. your lawyer will put together your records and other medical documentation, submit it and hopefully the opposing insurance co will be sensible and reasonable. good luck

It is great that you are feeling better. However, the most prudent thing to do is to get the most comprehensive evaluation, especially since it covered by under the auto policy. Often the injuries are dormant and not addressed immediately after the accident. Once they manifest themselves, you do not want to be in a position where the benefits and legal recourse is no longer available. Once you get the "clean bill of health" you may consider not pursuing the claim against the negligent driver.
Good Luck

The above positing is not intended to constitute advice and does not create attorney-client relationship.

yes i understand, but the time lost from work, pain , etc, should be worth something. and having to start over with a new vehicle, just because someone else was drivining like a nut ball

and then the become irate when i get out of my wrecked car to go see if they need assistance, thats what really pissed me off.. they didn't even want me to call an ambulance.

Roman J. Shakh

Roman J. Shakh

You are correct, if the negligence of the other driver resulted in lost income, property damages, and pain and suffering, there may be a value to your claim. However, you want to be sure that you are being compensated to the fullest extent and all your injuries are known to the insurance carrier. In some states, such as NY, there are laws which require plaintiff to satisfy a certain threshold to even be eligible to commence a law suit. Generally, few days off work is not enough. Speak to your attorney about this. Good Luck.

Do you have a question?