Skip to main content

Getting a visitor visa

Frederick, MD |

i am a LPR since four years and have two children who were born in united states, my husband is Armenian, I didn't apply him I-130 petition, and I want him to attend my second baby baptism is there any opportunity to get him here by applying for visitor visa? or is there any other way to get him here, by the way we are not separated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The probability for an Armenian from Yeravan to obtain a U.S. visitor's visa when applying to the U.S. consulate there are, unfortunately, much less than mine in winning the California lottery on a "quick pick". Especially so if the Armenian in question is also the husband of an LPR living in the US...

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


He should go to the U.S. Consulate closest to his place fo residece to apply for a tourist visa. The most important issue for him to prove is a compelling reason (such as a business) to return after his brief visit here.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


The facts you present make it highly unlikely that he would get a visitor visa. Your facts also raise questions as to his status, and you should discuss his future immigration status with an attorney.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer